I'm SO excited to tell you all that I've been featured in the OC Arts & Culture Artist Spotlight. You can read about my history, inspiration and all sorts of fun facts!
I'm participating in the Meet Up which is a monthly goal sharing group which is the new version of the Modish Biztips goal group. I'd love to share my future goals and highlight some past accomplishments in 2009. It's all about progress and an artist's career is ever evolving! I'm happy to share with you the nitty gritty of my creative business.
- Designed graphics, prints, and accessories for Mattel's Barbie Consumer Products division thru July 2009
- Displayed art at numerous shows at the ARTery Gallery in Costa Mesa, CA
- Launched my Etsy shop selling tees and art prints in November 2009
- Began working full-time from home providing design services to numerous clients
- Took a screen printing class expanding my skillset and created new artwork
December 2009 recap
- Live painted at Orange Coast College's gallery for a benefit for OCC clubs
- Sent my 2010 postcard out to 100+ magazines, apparel companies, art galleries, publishers and, of course, friends and family
- Started working on an artist self-help illustrated 'zine/mini comic book. Hope to release for Comic Con 2010!
January 2010 Goals
- Set up accounting system. I guess Quicken for the Mac? Suggestions? Would like to set up sales taxes and get a resellers license in preparation for selling at local craft fairs
- Keep working on my mini portfolio to send to textile design houses and apparel companies
- Start the next Artist's Way group on Sunday! It's at The Art Bar in Santa Ana, if you want to participate!
Thanks for witnessing my goals. It motivates me to stay on track! What are some of your goals for 2010?